Several home remedies can be found at home to cure gingivitis. These can give relief from symptoms of the health condition. Here are some tips to treat gingivitis without going to your dentist or buying over-the-counter items.
Image Source: healthresearchfunding
1. Baking soda is a well known treatment for people who have gingivitis. This can easily eliminate bacteria. Just mix baking soda and some water. Apply this around your gums by the use of your clean finger.
2. Aloe vera can soothe inflamed gums. Apply the gel all over the gums for a minute and gargle using water. This surely brings easy relief as inflammation is reduced and present bacteria are killed.
3. Clove oil is another popular and best home remedy for gum inflammation. Grab fresh clove and gently rub this around your gums. You may also take some bites leaving in on the mouth for awhile. The use of clove oil is also a great treatment for inflamed gums.
4. You can mix 2 teaspoons of white oak powder, 3/4 teaspoon of peppermint leaf powder, 1 teaspoon of some herbal powder and 1/8 teaspoon of clove powder to have efficient gingivitis treatment. This mixture must be applied on the affected gums for relief.
5. Another good and natural remedy for gingivitis is cranberry juice. This can prevent the spreading of bacteria. It can also eliminate the culprit. But you must drink pure cranberry juice, no sugar added.
6. The herb sage is a natural way for gingivitis. This contains antibacterial substances. Mix 1 tablespoon of sage powder into water and boil for a few minutes. Add pinch of salt in the solution and mix then transfer in a bottle. You can place this in the refrigerator for later use. Use this as gargle after brushing to alleviate irritation and inflammation on infected gums.
7. Drinking lemon juice is a powerful natural tool to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria. Just add some freshly squeezed lemon in a glass of water. You can also use this as mouthwash after you have brushed your teeth.
8. Mix salt with 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and gently apply on your gums. Do this in slow circular motion and massage for a minute or two. Gargle with water after and repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times a day.
9. Cayenne powder is also effective in preventing gum disease and fighting bacteria. You can mix cayenne powder into your toothpaste everytime you brush your teeth. Warning: you may feel a little bit of warm sensation in your mouth but this will subside in a while.
10. Another effective herb to use by people with gingivitis is Echinacea. Just mix 1 teaspoonful of extract of this herb into warm water. Rinse your mouth with this. This can ease the tenderness and swelling in your gums. Doing this can prevent bacterial infection and can boost your immunity if you do this 3 times a day.
11. Another effective mouthwash rinse for gingivitis is a mixture of alum and water. Just put some alum in water and gargle to eliminate redness or swelling.
12. Bad breath is one cause of having gingivitis. So, the best way to treat it is to use peppermint leaves soaked in water for 30 minutes and use this to rinse your mouth.
Gingivitis occurs at any time and maybe more than once in a year. But thankfully, there are different natural solutions to treat it and get rid of symptoms. These also work in children who may be too scared to see a dentist. And the best part, each of these remedies is very effective and inexpensive to use.
Please share this post with all your friends. I’m sure they will appreciate it.